The Racelight 4S Disc Frameset
For 2015 the ultimate Winter bike gets the ultimate upgrade with the addition of disc brake mounts, internal cable routing and a brand new carbon fork to match.
Disc brakes really come into their own on the grimy wet roads that this winter bike has to endure, and coupled with up to a 32mm tyre and full mudguards it makes life a little easier for the rider too!
The inboard disc caliper mount is the new Shimano flat mount standard and is very minimal. This frame has been designed to be built with either disc or caliper brakes so you can use current non disc wheels and caliper brakes and upgrade to disc later…or run caliper brakes in the Summer and discs in the Winter maybe…it’s down to you.
The dropouts are adaptable between 130mm QR and 135mm QR by means of our Kinesis dropout adaptors, keeping all options open.
The new full Carbon fork is specially designed for this model to run either disc or caliper brakes and features the discreet flat mount with hose clip, eyelets for mudguards and a caliper brake mount in the crown. The tapered steerer provides plenty of stiffness to cope with the disc brake forces and keeps everything tracking and handling as nicely as before.
The frame is made from smooth welded Kinesium and features internal routing for the rear caliper brake cable [if required]. It also has full internal routing for the front and rear mech cables and rear disc brake hose in the downtube, which neatly exit via ports in a special BB shell. By the way, that BB is BSA threaded 68mm – phew. No creaky press fit BB. The Kinesium tubing is butted and shaped to give a stiff front triangle with more compliance in the rear triangle provided by the skinny curved stays, giving a balance of performance and comfort we’ve tuned over a decade or so. All at a very low weight too.
We have also added provision for Di2 wiring, which if combined with a hydraulic brake set up really would be a low maintenance wet weather bike.
There is also a new 55.5cm size added in the range this Autumn.
This brings the 4S right up to date and we believe it is the best value and most versatile four season bike on the market. The 4S disc is in a class of its own.
• Smooth welded Kinesium tubeset is optimised for stiffness in the front triangle with compliance for comfort in the rear triangle
• Tapered headtube with integrated FSA type headset
• Disc mount – Inboard Shimano Flat-mount on frame with post mount adapter included. Rotor size is 160mm with post mount adaptor. Flat mount calipers can be run with 140mm rotors or 160mm with appropriate adaptor.
• Eyeletted seat stays for mudguards and racks, double bottle cage mounts. Inboard caliper is out of the way making rack and guard mounting simple. 32mm tyre clearance with 'guards.
• Colour matched full carbon fork with flat mount, eyelets and long drop brake caliper mount
• Internal cable routing, Di2 compatible
• 130mm and 135mm rear QR hub compatible – removable bolt in dropout spacers
• Dual bottle mounts
• FSA Taper headset, Kinesis seat clamp, 160mm flat mount to post mount adapter included.
• Tapered headtube – 1” 1/8 top race, tapered to 1” ½ bottom 36x45 integrated FSA type.
• 27.2mm seat post required
• 68mm BSA threaded bottom bracket – it works!
• 31.8 band on front mech mount
• Di2 Ready
• Internal hose routing in downtube
• Replaceable rear mech hanger
• Frameset includes fork, headset, seatclamp and two 160mm post mount adaptors
Sizing; Centre /top, 48cm , 51cm, 54cm , 55.5cm , 57cm, 60cm , 63cm
Colours: Cyan Metallic Blue or Steel Silver
WESTBROOK CYCLES DELIVERY NOTICE
FREE when you spend over £50.00 in a single order
Otherwise it's typically £3.99 per order
Delivery should be expected between 2-3 working days unless stated on product page.
Approximately 4-10 working days depending on country
via Parcelforce Signed Delivery (fully traceable service). Please add items to the basket to calculate delivery for desired country.
If your country isn't listed for delivery at checkout please contact us.
Delivery of Bikes
We ship all our bikes free of charge within the United Kingdom (excl. Jersey and the Channel Islands at this time) and all our bikes come pre-assembled with just a few tweaks required (Please see our Bike Build Instruction page for details of assembly required).
All our bikes undergo a safety check before being re-boxed for shipping which can during busy periods take a little longer to complete so whilst we aim to ship all our bikes within two working days of the order please allow for additional time for this process.
All our consignments irrespective of the carrier require a signature upon delivery, deliveries are typically made between 08:00 and 18:00 so please bare this in mind when choosing a delivery address.
We do try when possible to reuse packaging from our own suppliers in order to send purchased items to our customers, we ask if the packaging is still in good condition after you've received your goods then please try to use it again or recycle if not possible.