At Westbrook Cycles, we stock and supply an excellent range of Endurance Bikes – commonly also known as Sportive Bikes. These bikes are the most comfortable of all the road bikes, they are designed for riding long distances at competitive times and these bikes feature heavily in the world of professional road racing.
Typically, these bikes are not as fast or as nimble handling as a normal road bike - but their comfort, stability and the ability to ride them hard all day long makes them a more comfortable, quicker choice for riders exploring long distances. You don’t have to be a professional cyclist or an athlete to enjoy a Sportive / Endurance bike either - their comfortable geometry make them perfectly suited to customers looking for a comfortable road bike for long distances.
Features of Endurance Bikes which make them a comfortable choice for long rides, include:
- A more upright riding position, which boosts and aids comfort over long distances and varying terrain. The head tubes of endurance bikes are taller and the top tubes a little shorter - allowing a more natural, less tucked in riding position.
- Carbon Framed endurance bikes have been designed to have frames which flex - meaning that the frame of the bike does a good job of absorbing uneven and rough surfaces
- Mudguards & Racks - helpful for keeping you dry during wet weather, and also when commuting or training during the wetter months.
- Gearing - wider range of gears with low range gears aiding climbing and steep ascents.
- Tyres - wider tyres for greater grip.
You can view the complete collection of Sportive & Endurance Bikes above, and as always - please do get in touch if you have any questions about the collection.